Project 2 Handicap

Online log of a quest to drop my golf handicap from a nine to a two within sixty months. Sink or swim, I'll give it my best shot. Advice is not only appreciated, it's encouraged!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Eureka!

I found something!

When I saw my swing the other day and compared it with Hardy's "one plane" fundamentals, I noticed that my shoulders were turning on a flatter plane than Hardy recommends. Hardy suggests that the one plane golfer bend at the waist at a 35 to 45 degree angle. I was bending maybe 20 degrees at the most.

Today I concentrated on bending over more than usual at address. I found that this helped me in two ways:
  1. It took the right side of the hole completely out of play. (It felt almost like playing a shot with the ball above my feet. Very easy to keep that shot from going right!)
  2. I was able to swing harder - much harder - and still control my ball. My drives were longer. My irons flew higher and longer.
As a result, I played my most solid round of the year, shooting a 77 with 14 pars, 3 bogies and one double.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home