Project 2 Handicap

Online log of a quest to drop my golf handicap from a nine to a two within sixty months. Sink or swim, I'll give it my best shot. Advice is not only appreciated, it's encouraged!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Check Your Grip!

Rumination: Why is it that you always figure out what you've been doing wrong with only 5 balls left in the bucket?

Swinging away at the range tonight, working on fairway woods. While I'm hitting decent shots, something's not quite right and I can't put my finger on it. The shots just aren't solid.

I check my stance, swingpath, my shoulder turn. More shots, still something's wrong.

With only a few balls left in the bucket I sit down on the bench to rest and turn to watch a young guy several stalls down who is swinging well. My eyes settle on his hands. He's holding the club firmly in the fingers of his left hand.

Lightbulb moment!

I check my grip. Sure enough, I've been letting the top of the grip slide up into my palm.

With my fixed grip, the last few shots are sweet and solid feeling.

Rumination: How is it that I've experienced - and fixed - everything that I can do wrong in a golf swing, multiple times?

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home