Project 2 Handicap

Online log of a quest to drop my golf handicap from a nine to a two within sixty months. Sink or swim, I'll give it my best shot. Advice is not only appreciated, it's encouraged!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Coming Home

Took the day off from work to play and practice. Because of the heavy rains last night I decided to forgo "cart path golf" at Signature in favor of a walking round. That cut down my choice of courses to just a few. In the end I decided to play at the city course where I more or less learned to play golf - Bow Creek.

Observations.

I hadn't played at Bow Creek for quite awhile. I was struck by how tight the course is in comparison to my new home course, Signature. I was also surprised by my reaction, or actually my lack of reaction to certain shots that used to strike fear in my heart - the tee shots on 3, 8, and 12, and the second shot on 8. My game has improved so much since the days when I played this course regularly that these shots and others that used to pluck my nerves were no problem at all.

From the start I found the course to be much, much easier than I remembered. I felt like I should have parred every hole. I did par 11 of them, which with 7 bogies gave me an easy 77. I didn't feel like I played particularly well - I missed several makable birdie putts - but I was never near a double bogey. I also three putted several times, so my score could have been much lower. If I played this course regularly my guess is that my handicap would be 3 or 4 strokes lower than it is currently.

Never got around to the practice - work intervened.

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home