Project 2 Handicap

Online log of a quest to drop my golf handicap from a nine to a two within sixty months. Sink or swim, I'll give it my best shot. Advice is not only appreciated, it's encouraged!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Adjustments

Wow! It's been quite some time since my last post.

Okay, so I'm a man of fleeting passions. At least I have passions.

While it hasn't been golf as of late, my latest passion is sure to help my game... once I adjust.

It all started in mid-July, when I challenged Roger to a weight loss contest - a six week test that would end on labor day weekend. The prize - a round of golf at the course of the winner's choice (within a reasonable price range.)

Well I lost, but I lost. The contest, but the weight, that is. Twenty-four pounds in fact, from 230 to 206 in just six weeks! Since then I've lost an additional fourteen, which puts me at 192 and within striking distance of my "healthy" weight (wherever that is).

There have been effects on the golf game, of course.

First, I feel great! I'm more energetic and I haven't been tiring out at the end of the round like I used to do.

Also, the absence of the extra belly has changed my backswing. Yep, I can take the club back to places not seen in years! A straight left arm is a possibility again!

On the downside, that extra width in my swing has thrown off my timing just a bit. But I'm working on that and once I get it down I'm sure I'll be fine.

And most importantly, I am scoring better. My handicap dropped to 6.3 in September, the lowest it's been in maybe five years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home