Project 2 Handicap

Online log of a quest to drop my golf handicap from a nine to a two within sixty months. Sink or swim, I'll give it my best shot. Advice is not only appreciated, it's encouraged!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Taking it to the course

Why do so many of us have trouble with this?

Yesterday I was warming up on the range prior to my round and found that I was just striping the ball. Every swing was excellent, and it wasn't because I found a groove with a single club. Even as I moved from club to club the swing was there.

The positive thoughts carried to the course - through the 1st nine at least where I was just two over par. Then came the back nine where I lost confidence in my swing and struggled to bring it home at nine over par.

So what is it? I know what to do. I know to swing in a relaxed manner. But doing it consistently continues to evade me.

I think I might care about the outcome too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home